Tuesday 5 August 2014

REVIEW: Handmade Burger Co, LEICESTER

HANDMADE BURGER Co, Leicester



I was recommended by my cousin to try this restaurant during my trip to Leicester. For those who does not live in Leicester, don't worry they have a couple of branches in England or Scotland.



I will start off with the environment. Handmade Burger Co provides a decent place to have lunch or dinner. I kind of like the environment.  It is one of a pleasant environment to hang out with friends and family. Below are some pictures of the surroundings. 



The staffs are quite friendly and helpful. As it is our first time visiting, the staffs took us to the recommended burgers. They also provide a variety of choices not just burgers. You can browse the menu online by follow this link


Once you have decided what to eat, you will need to place your order at the counter. The staffs will give you your table number and are to put on the holder which is on your table. Food will be served when it is ready.



My cousin and I sat near the window. So here's some view outside of the shop from where we sit. 


It was a rainny day so everyone sat inside. 



Some sauces for your meal

Can you guess what drink is this? 
It's actually just still water. (It's all about Science) haha
okay, I know it's lame.

 Food is then served. I took every angle of the food just in case. haha

Top view

We ordered Vegetable Skewers and Burger Stuffed with Cheddar and Chilli.



Vegetable skewers

Burger Stuffed with Cheddar and Chilli


Overall, the burger was superbly awesome. Although the burger costs four times what a Big Mac does, but to be fair it is ten times better. The quality of the meat is well cooked and carefully assembled with cheese, vegetables, etc. To me, it is hearty and in generous portion. I would recommend you to try their burgers as the restaurant is mostly famous for their burgers. 

On the other hand, the skewers didn't turn out to be what we expected. As you can see from the appearance, it's more of like charred surface on the vegetables. The taste of the skewers is like burnt food or I should say it was overcooked. We did called the staffs and enquired about the skewers. We were told that the skewers was meant to be like this, charred style but I think it was too charred for us. Anyway, we are not satisfied for the skewers but a big yes for the burger. So I would recommend others to try the burgers and perhaps the chips as it looks kinda good. 

Hope my reviews help for people who en route in searching good burgers :) x


If you're interested in having a meal here, below are the details:

Handmade Burger Co
Highcross, Highcross Lane
Leicester,LE1 4SD
Tel: 0116 242 5875

Openings: 
Mon-Thurs, 11.30am-10.30pm
Friday: 11:30am – 11pm
Saturday: 11am – 11pm
Sunday: 11am – 10:30pm


To visit other branches of Handmade Burger Co, you can browse this website for more details.


Love,
Yan. 

2 comments:

  1. Your posts always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that x
      I will continue to put an effort to make you laugh :P

      Delete